What is freedom? When do we feel free? Do we need to be free in order to be happy and to fulfil our dreams? Or do we have to feel happy and to fulfil our dreams in order to be free. I think that the freedom is an inner feeling. If we have our own inner freedom, we’ll have the will to feel and be free in the society. Here there are some nice thoughts about freedom:
1. We want to feel free. We feel free when we are independent. But to be independent means that you have to work hard to survive. That’s why a lot of people tend to prefer not to be independent and do not feel free. Being an employee I have this feeling sometimes. I give up my freedom in order to have less work to do and to have fewer problems. All employees are more or less dependent, event too dependent. If you want to stay employee, you have to learn how to be less dependent and how to cope with the freedom you may have later.
2. If there are some boundaries and restrictions in the society, you don’t have always to take them seriously and to let them discourage you. We have to understand, that there could be a better society where we do not have to give up so much freedom.
3. If you want to be free, you’d better accept that it is a continuous process and you don’t know what we’ll be the result of it. It is even possible that you have first to give up some freedom. You have to strive for freedom with all your passion and will, every moment. Аt the same time you had to be humble and patient.
4. We often are too lazy to be free. We just prefer to stick to some artificial boundaries we’ve created on our own. We limit ourselves and then struggle for freedom between the walls we’ve built. Typical examples are our wishes, houses, cars and all other stuff we have. The biggest limitations are our own thoughts. Everything starts from the thoughts.
5. To be free means not to be afraid. If you are afraid, you can’t be free. I’ve observed many times how I was afraid and my freedom vanished instantly. When we are afraid we make bad decisions that allow no freedom. I observed it so many times with other people. There is a lot of anxiety in the society. For example, in the western societies there is always the anxiety to to lose the wealth we have and to become poor. We are afraid and we prefer to lose our freedom and our happiness. And then we do not feel our prosperity at all. And if you start to feel poor, you’re definitely going to be poor. It’s a devil’s circle.