Here some interesting examples of at least partly sustainable and very innovative buildings, which you may want to visit. Each of them has a different purpose.
1. A school: School Handmade Bangladesh
2. A living house: Solar House Darmstadt, Germany.
3. A store: Ann Demeulemeester’s store in Seoul, South Korea
4. An Animal Shed: Deepwater Woolshed
5. A Museum: Island City Central Park Grin Grin
6. A Tea House: Too Tall Teahouse
7. A Hotel: Waterfall Bay House
8. A Winery: Pelegrine Winery
9. Holiday Houses: Commune by the Great Wall
10. Funeral Hall: Meiso no Mori Funeral Hall
11. A Sports Hall: Slowtecture Tennis Centre
12. A Cultural Centre: Hanamidori Cultural Centre
13. A Port: Yokohama International Port Terminal
14. A Kindergarten: Fuji Kindergarten Tokyo
15. A Bath: Moku Moku Ju Bathhouse
16. A Villa: Dragspel Huset
17. A Green House: Eden Project
18. A Visitor Sentre: Savill Building
As you can see from this small collection of buildings, it is really possible to create a more sustainable living place. This can be the first step for fully sustainable cities. A good start can be this one.